Google
 

Monday, January 08, 2007

Next Meeting

Hello friends, as you will surely know before you read this post I am not at school. I have a fever and possibly the flu, so I'm not at school (maybe not even tomorrow). Anyway this post is about what we will be doing in an upcoming meeting (due to Prague I can't be sure when). As I've said before I will bring in a Guided By Voices DVD called The Electrifying Conclusion. For those of you not in the know (possibly all of you) Guided By Voices are one of the most famous and most beloved indie bands of all time. They are also probably my second favorite band (just behind My Chemical Romance). Guided By Voices were around for almost 20 years and were famous for the amount of alcohol they consumed on stage (more than most Russians can handle). They came out with like 20 albums my favorites being Alien Lanes, Bee Thousand, and Propeller. The Electrifying Conclusion is a DVD of their last concert ever (new years eve 2004 (12/31/2004)) and is over 4 hours long. Clearly we aren't gonna have time for the entire 4 hours and we aren't going to watch it during 5 different meetings. Anyway just thought I'd let you guys know a little bit about the band. I'd suggest you try to listen to some of their music before next meeting. Oh and they have a bunch of songs under a minute long so you can iTunes preview most if not all of the song.

Peace

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger The Drunken Gypsy said...

Which one of those three albums to listen to? I'm far too lazy to find all three.

p.s. never underestimate the tolerance of russians...never...

p.p.s. the my chemical romance joke burned my eyes when i read it

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger my music is better than your's said...

joke what joke?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home