Google
 

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Long time, no post.

Hey guys.  I hope you're all well and going out to shows.  Though I don't have a music society club out here in Seattle, I do have a book group.  They are much too calm, and I miss having to chase you down in swivel chairs at the end of a long day...

What are you all listening to as of late?  I went to a Cave Singers concert last week.  It was a pretty good show, lots of hippies and facial hair.  A couple months ago, I grew a beard and then decided to cut it back off...it did not befit my cosmopolitan ways.  Anyway, I'll be hitting up a Magnetic Fields and a Mountain Goats show in the near future.

New listens?  Like everyone else, I enjoy the Vampire Weekend debut, and I'm pleased to report that I've dug for more than a minute.  That last Black Lips album is getting a lot listens in my humble apartment and car.  Cat Power's cover of Dylan's "I Believe in You" is easy to like.  Meanwhile, I cannot comprehend why anyone likes Burial.  Anytime I put that album on, I feel like I'm supposed to dance, slowly, with a glow stick.  I'm getting old, I suppose.

Radiohead likes Burial, and I'm not going to hold that against them.  Their new album is as good as the ones they released two albums back.  Surprisingly, In Rainbows has shown me that Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac were not as good as I had once convinced myself they were.  I suppose that's a good thing.

On a personal note, I'm headed to Vietnam in a month and a half, getting married in five, and going to Portugal in August.  I like teaching out here, but I miss South as well.  

So, I'll try to post from time to time.  Hope you guys are chillin' and racing wheeled chairs down third floor halls.

Mr. R.


3 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I'd like to mention that if it weren't for Bryan I would have never seen your post. We miss you and music club no longer exists. South is basically exactly the same as it ever was. Nothing ever happens. We are currently selecting courses for next year.

As far as music when you mentioned the Radiohead album that threw me off, because I sort of forgot how long its been since I've seen you. Since you left I've been listening to a lot of No Age and Times New Viking. More recently I've spent quite a bit of time with Malkmus records in anticipation for Real Em motional Trash.

I hope you have a good time in Vietnam and Mazel Tov on your engagement.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com/]www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com[/url][/b] A Blended Doubles Spherical Robin party is held on Friday evenings from 7-9pm. Gamers ought to phone during the day Friday to sign up. The Sunday morning Men's Spherical Robin is actually a stroll on occasion. It can healthy the like of capabilities supplied by Wikis, Trackers or forms pressed CMSes inside this amount of running a blog and site-building, Anymore, mentioned tips. The monogram fabric is followed by black colour louis vuitton germany on the web matte domestic leather-based and shiny palladium parts which is dinstinctly Vuitton. anybody was the truth is almost all modest, he had shaggy hairbut they unique flipped definitely all people up, even now folks determine to build an attempt to become connections using the support of your new dog anyhow..

[b][url=http://www.onlinebagsstore.co.uk/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] Lots of indivuals have complained in regards to the "burn in effect" even though. This transpires any time a monitor broadcast the exact same impression for your prolonged period of time plus the picture is forever burned in around the display screen. But this does not indicate it can previous permanently and can eventually fade away in a simply a make any difference of times.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsgo.com/]www.louisvuittonhandbagsgo.com[/url][/b] With all the financial crisis affecting a lot of the globe currently, it pays to avoid wasting on expenses. This is particularly true for organization individuals who have to travel. And when you happen to be traveling on vacation, the cost savings you can get from low-priced airfare would translate to extra pocket revenue.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] What is going to others consider the man or woman I come to be? Persons count on you to become how that you are. Should you improve, you'd require new friends and acquaintances. Are you interested in to produce each one of these new pals and acquaintances? What goes on to your previous? Accurate ample, the men and women you affiliate with expect you to stay when you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home