Google
 

Saturday, May 20, 2006

News...

Sorry about the lack of posting of late but I've been busy. But since I haven't posted in so long I have a plethora of news to announce. Firstly I will start with news that concerns our little society. As we all know Mr. Randolph is no longer with us. I'm not sure where he is right now (because I'm not big brother) but I can tell you that this summer he will be in Seattle. I don't know yet if he got the job at South so keep your fingers crossed. That being said I have a good feeling he will take Ms. Alicino's job if she does leave. Speaking of Ms. Alicino that brings me to my next bit of news. Well it's not really news but that doesn't matter. We really need to step up our efforts at getting getting a teacher next year. Althought we can hope Mr. R will be hear next year we must plan for him being gone. Hopefully we could have a teacher or teachers lined up before our last meeting, and in the unlikely chance we get two teachers who would do it we can either vote on it or use both of them. This brings me to my last society tidbit in the near future I will be renting or buying a live Jimi Hendrix DVD. Once that is done I think we should hype it up for about at least a week and get a bunch of people. If we have the flyers up more than a few hours in advance then we should attract more people.

Now for some non society music related news. Jerry Only (Misfits), Marky Ramone (Ramones), Dez Cadena (Black Flag), Richard Hell (Black Flag), Ivan Julian (Voidiods), and singer John Cafiero have teamed up to form the supergroup Osaka Popstar. The question is will this be punk's answer to amazing supergroups like Cream and Led Zeppelin or will Osaka Popstar suck like audioslave. I guess we will find out soon.

http://www.osakapopstar.com

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger The Drunken Gypsy said...

Their song on the website kind of sucks, but not as bad as some other bands. So hopefully they can pull through and make some good music.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll burn you the best cream album... i wouldn't say most supergroups are awesome. its about split. alot of the time supergroups are full of too many personalites that don't gel together

 

Post a Comment

<< Home